Importing from Mendeley

I'm trying to export stuff from Mendeley and import into Zotero. It isn't retaining the attached PDFs. Is there something I need to do special for that, such as save the export in a certain format or location?
  • Which format are you using? I think RIS should be most reliable
  • I've tried RIS and Bib. I'm not sure if the file has to be saved in a certain location, or the PDFs have to be saved in a certain location, etc.
  • shouldn't be the case. Could you open the respective RIS and BibTeX output with a text editor and post a single entry that includes a link to a PDF here?
  • TY - JOUR
    T1 - An examination of a reciprocal relationship between religiosity and different forms of delinquency within a theoretical model.
    A1 - Benda, Brent B
    Y1 - 1997/05//
    KW - 13–20 yr olds
    KW - 1997
    KW - Alcohol Abuse
    KW - Crime
    KW - Drug Abuse
    KW - Juvenile Delinquency
    KW - Models
    KW - Religiosity
    KW - theoretical model of reciprocal relationship betwe
    PB - Sage Publications
    JF - Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency
    VL - 34
    IS - 2
    SP - 163
    EP - 186
    CY - US
    DO - 10.1177/0022427897034002001
    UR - https://www.lib.byu.edu/cgi-bin/remoteauth.pl?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=psyh&AN=1997-04022-001&site=ehost-live&scope=site
    L1 - file:///C:/Users/jmoore42/AppData/Local/Mendeley Ltd./Mendeley Desktop/Downloaded/Benda - 1997 - An examination of a reciprocal relationship between religiosity and different forms of delinquency within a theoretical m.pdf
    N1 - Accession Number: 1997-04022-001. Partial author list: First Author & Affiliation: Benda, Brent B.; U Arkansas, School of Social Work, Little Rock, AR, US. Release Date: 19970101. Correction Date: 20121015. Publication Type: Journal (0100), Peer Reviewed Journal (0110). Format Covered: Print. Document Type: Journal Article. Language: English. Major Descriptor: Alcohol Abuse; Crime; Drug Abuse; Juvenile Delinquency; Religiosity. Minor Descriptor: Models. Classification: Criminal Behavior & Juvenile Delinquency (3236). Population: Human (10); Male (30); Female (40). Location: US. Age Group: Adolescence (13-17 yrs) (200); Adulthood (18 yrs & older) (300); Young Adulthood (18-29 yrs) (320). Methodology: Empirical Study. Page Count: 24. Issue Publication Date: May, 1997.
    N2 - Results from a study of 1,093 adolescents (aged 13–20 yrs) do not support the argument that property crimes, crimes against persons, and use of alcohol and other drugs are behavior manifestations of an interrelated constellation or syndrome of delinquency. A factor analysis clearly shows that the various forms of delinquency studied load on three distinct factors. In addition, whereas the hypothesized theoretical model does explain considerable variation in frequency of alcohol use and of criminal behavior (22% and 24%, respectively), it does not account for much variance in drug use (6%). Whereas there are reciprocal relationships between religiosity and drug use and religiosity and crime, only the feedback effect of religiosity on alcohol use is significant. These latter findings suggest that future studies need to examine reciprocal relationships and that the relationship between alcohol use and religiosity needs to be re-examined conceptually and empirically in future studies. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved)
    ER -
  • I assume problem is I saved the Exported RIS file to a network drive, and am trying to import on a different computer.
  • Yes, that'd be it. The way Mendeley exports, the only way the files can be re-imported is on the same computer. (Zotero exports a folder _with_ files when you export RIS, and that lets you re-import on any computer, but that does have other downsides)