Zotero Connector does not work Firefox 55.02, Ubuntu 16.04

The Zotero Connector does not work in Firefox 55.02, Ubuntu 16.04.

If I start Zotero and the Zotero Connector, the "Z" becomes red and a Mouseover says, Zotero is online. If I click on the "Z" it says it will save the page (but not the Book, I searched at http://portal.kobv.de/), but it's saving nothing at all...

But if I go the the Preferences, it says, Zotero is Offline. If I follow the troubleshooting page, the ping says, that the zotero server is online.

I tried to do a debug-file, but there is nothing written in the debug file.

Everything works fine with the Chromium Connector...
  • edited August 25, 2017
    Do you see the Proxies tab in the Preferences? Can you submit a Report ID?
  • There is no Proxie tab in Preferences.

If I click the Debug-Toggles in Preferences at the Zotero Connector, these Preferences dissapear, when I open the Preferences again. If I click on "Submit Debug Report", it says "The Debug ID is Dundefined"

If I click on "Authorize" at the Preferences for loggin in at zotero.org nothing happens at all.

• Hello,
    I have a similar problem, though not quite the same (so feel free to move my question if it is not adequate here): I switched my distribution recently to Xubuntu 16.04 (after a recommendation from you, because I had problems with LibreOffice at the 32-bit version, works fine now, so thanks a lot btw) and used that occasion to upgrade to standalone 5.0. It works, BUT Zotero is not detecting anymore the kind of citation to save (article, book, etc) but only proposes me webpage snapshots. I still have the older version on another computer and there the detecting on the same websites works quite well. I tried a quick google search but didn't find anything useful. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.
    Thanks a lot!
  • Right. This is a known bug. We'll release a bugfix soon, but the current awkward workaround is either resetting your firefox profile or
    1. Going to about:debugging (type/paste into URL bar and press Enter)
    2. Ticking "Enable add-on debugging"
    3. Clicking "Debug" under Zotero Connector
    4. Choosing the "Console" tab in developer tools and typing in localStorage.clear
    5. Restarting firefox
  • @Annagoldkind go to Connector Preferences -> Advanced and click Update Translators

(Don't be afraid to create a new forum thread and describe your problem in full, if your problem is not exactly the same. It makes it easier for everyone if each thread is focused only on a single issue)
  • Thanks a lot, that has worked for me.
  • Bugfix now available in connector version 5.0.18.
  • Thanks, the new Connector for Firefox solves the Problem, everything works fine now.