Problem integrating with Word

This discussion was created from comments split from: Now available: Zotero 5.0.
  • Problem integrating with Word.

Hello! Zotero lover here. But I'm having a bit of trouble with this change over and finding the website information hard to find answers...
    I have Zotero 5 and it works wonderful with my web searching. I'm trying to integrate with Word and I don't understand what I need to do. I clicked the plug-in link on the website and it downloads an 'xpi' file into my downloads folder... then nothing? Please either point me to the directions online or let me know how to get this working with Word please.
    Word: Version 15.36
    Thank you!
  • You don't need to (and shouldn't) install anything separate for word processor integration in Zotero 5.0. I've created a new Word Processor Plugin Installation page (and moved the old page, which was specifically about plugins for Zotero 4.0 for Firefox) to clarify this.
  • This was very helpful, thank you. The newly added content helped solve my problem.

FIX:

FYI, I had an old version of Word 2011 still on my Mac, so when I used the "reinstall Word plug-in" button in the Zotero settings it seemingly did nothing. However, it did place the .dot file appropriately in the Setup folder of Word 2011. Knowing this, I was able to find this Zotero.dot file and manually place it into the Setup folder for my newer 2016 version of Word. The plug in works perfectly now. Thanks again! I'll continue my loving of Zotero while I write this fellowship application!
  • Hello,

I need install the word processor integration for Zotero 4.xxx

I cannot find a link to the download on your pages - e.g., at https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation there is no actual download option here. I have also briefly searched with Google and in the Forum for the link but had no luck.

Please could you point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
    James
  • edited August 23, 2017
    James - If you are using version 4 (not the new 5) I believe the link you need is here:

https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_4.0_for_firefox_word_processor_plugin_installation

Good luck.
  • Thanks! Much appreciated. I struggled to find it earlier.