diferenciated automatic snapshot settings

Helping out a friend with an Zotero issue I just came across an snapshot settings problem/wish I can not solve and that I have myself too for a long time.

The Zotero preference settings allow just two options: whether you automatically add a snapshot with all items you pick or you do not.
With the option on, when I pick an online article from one of the big scientific editorial sites I always get the pdf plus a screen-shot and have to manually delete that screen-shot if I do not want to expand my database unnecessarily with scree-shots of text I already have saved as pdf. For the friend that asked me to help this produced a lot of storage space used.
With the option off, when creating an item from a "simple" website, blog or online-newspaper I always have to remember to use the drop-down menu to create an item with screen-shot or to add the snap-shot in a second step which will be even more difficult with new Zotero 5 standalone. So far still working in Z4 I prefer the latter approach.

Is there a possibility to default the auto-screen-shot function in a more differentiated way? Say: if Zotero detects a "Website", "Blog" or "Newspaper" item take a screen-shot, if not do not. Maybe in the more advanced about:config section?
Or should this be filed under wish-list for future versions of Zotero? In the latter case it might be an additional idea to give the developers of web-translators the option to "recommend", if a screen-shot will be added or not (e.g. depending on the website, if it offers only bibliographical data, or full-text and if fulltext if it also offers a pdf version), and Zotero an option to follow that recommendation?
  • To add the snap-shot in a second step which will be even more difficult with new Zotero 5 standalone. So far still working in Z4 I prefer the latter approach.
    We'll bring back the ability to attach a snapshot from the current page to the currently selected item in Zotero via the Connector some time soon.