Word Mac Plugin for Dummies

Dear All,
I am becomming desperate.
Can somebody explain - for really really dumb people - how to install Zotero 5.0 properly (Standalone is working, word plugin IS NOT) on a Mac with word 2016 (365 university edition)...

Please help me!
  • Please describe in detail what you expect and what's instead happening, and what you have attempted. Generally installation of word processor plugins should work by going into Zotero Preferences -> Cite and clicking on the relevant Install button.
  • Thanks, adomasven! That worked perfectly. The other problem is, that the shortcuts that I used in office 2011 are not working in the newer version. Is that also my fault?
  • It’s possible that Word didn’t transfer your keyboard shortcuts over from one installation to another. You can re-set the shortcuts in the Customize Ribbon dialogue.
  • Follow custom Mac Word 2016 keyboard shortcut instructions. To locate Zotero actions select "Macros" under Categories and search for "Zotero"
  • You can also find the Zotero macros by looking under "All Commands" and looking for Add/Edit Citation, Add/Edit Bibliography, Refresh, Document Preferences, and Unlink Citations.
  • @bwiernik this does not apply to Mac word. You cannot set keyboard shortcuts in Customize Ribbon, and Zotero commands are not available under All Commands.

@SBarren please see my instructions linked above.