extension for Seamonkey?

Hello,

I was wondering if an extension for Mozilla's Seamonkey browser is in the works or planned for near future?

Thanks.
  • We have no such plans. From what I gather, it could require a lot of changes, but someone could certainly try to make it work.
  • Okay, I see. Thanks for the clearing that up.

Regards.
  • Sorry for bringing this up again, but I just recalled that Seamonkey 2.0 and onward is supposed to have similar api as Firefox for adding and removing addons (extensions). This was, IIRC, one the most significant differences in both browser regarding addons. Would that be of any help in bridging the gap between the two browsers from Zotero addon point of view?
  • related thread:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/930/
    Would that be of any help in bridging the gap between the two browsers from Zotero addon point of view?
    Yes, it helps; implementing Zotero in SeaMonkey 1 (still the current stable release, BTW) would be all-but-futile (much more limited JS engine, not toolkitized, no sqlite backend, etc.). The SM2 alphas have added much of what Zotero needs to work, but it is still not "trivial" (e.g. you can install Zotero on SM-2, but not do much aside from editing preferences, etc. because the UI of the two programs are still different). I haven't been following development of SM closely, so it might still be missing some chunks of FF that Zotero uses.
  • Thank you.