What does this mean?

when i open a tab there is a yellow pop- up that says for example:

Zotero automatically associated vub.be with a previously defined proxy. Future requests to this site will be redirected to vub.be.

What am i supposed to do?
  • The first paragraph here explains what this does and what it's good for:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/preferences/proxies
    but please note that the rest of this page refers to an older version of Zotero and the details of how to adjust this are now different, i.e. in the Zotero Connector preferences for whichever browser you are using.
  • You are seeing the Automatic Institutional Proxy Detection notifications introduced in the new version of the connector.
  • I already downloaded the latest version of zotero, and i set the proxy settings to: ''enable proxy redirection'' and ''automatically detect new proxies'' does this now mean i won't get the notification anymore and i can use zotero the way i used to?
  • This will work the way it used to, yes (better, actually), but currently sites need to be (automatically) re-added, so you will likely see the notification a bunch more in the next couple of weeks and -- if this is a resource you're accessing via a proxy, should just click OK.
  • Ah thats nice, only i can never click OK my only option is ''proxy settings''
  • That's fine, you can ignore the notification (or click the X on the right, if it's really annoying). The one you are seeing is purely an informational one.
  • If I understand the blog post correctly, automatic institutional proxy detection has been added for Chrome but not Safari. (Also, I'm using Safari with the latest version of Zotero and the Safari extension, and I don't seem to have automatic detection.) My question is: is it coming for Safari? Or is there some technical limitation preventing it? Thanks.
  • There are technical hurdles preventing us from adding that to Safari. Unless there's changes on Safari front proxy detection is not coming.
  • There is an EZProxy extension for Safari, so while you can’t get Zotero to automatically redirect sites, you can make running a page through your institutional proxy as easy as clicking a button.

https://github.com/epfellow/EZProxy-Safari-Extension/blob/master/Ezproxy.safariextz
  • That's helpful, thank you both.