Problems with Zotero 5.0

Hello,
I belong to the library stuff of the SUB Göttingen and I offer lessons in Zotero for the students here.
I have 8 public computers and the students can try the functions of Zotero. Now with the new version a big problem occurred on 2 of these computers and I am completely at a loss what I did wrong.
After the installation of Zotero 5.0 I got the message „An older version of Zotero is installed. If you continue, the existing version will be removed. Your Zotero data will not be affected”
I tried to ignore this but then I got the message „Your computer must be restarted to complet a previous upgrade of Zotero“.
When I restarted the Computer the process began the same way and I cannot complete the installation.
Who can help me?

Dagmar
  • Dagmar also tells me that the Zotero installations are wiped after each instruction session, so there should not have been an older version (any version, really) of Zotero installed on the computers at all. I was guessing there might be some files the installer is looking for that you could point her to to remove?
  • The 5.0 installer will remove an existing "Zotero Standalone" installation to replace it with "Zotero" (Program Files, desktop shortcut, etc.). It looks for HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zotero Standalone in the registry, so if that's there, you'll get that message.
  • edited July 18, 2017
    I have exactly the same problem here. Dagmar, did cleaning the Registry-entry solve it for you?