Field is undefined error

I'm using Zotero standalone on a MacOS Sierra with a Safari plugin and Microsoft Word. I just tried to insert a citation and it came up with this error message: "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. field is undefined"

Please advise!
  • Is that in a specific document or in every document including a fresh one?
  • Every document except fresh ones - so when I copy and paste my text into a new document it will work - although this is a hugely inconvenient task as I am working on a large dissertation with a number of documents!!
  • Is track changes active in the document? Do you use math mode in Word?
  • Hi, I have the same problem and no idea what is happening. This has never happened before. Please help!
  • Start with the same set of questions I ask above: does this happen in a fresh document? If not, is track changes active? Did you use Math mode?
  • started with a fresh document, track changes off, math mode (no idea what that is, so probably not on). Thank you!
  • Hey, so I managed to solve it - it was one part of the document that must have been corrupted. I copy-pasted only that part into a new document and change referencing style, tried a few references and the bibliography only for that part. It worked. Then I pasted it back into the long document and it worked in the end. Phew.