Error Message 583737540

I am getting an error message saying " Database upgrade error

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.query :: line 149" data: no] [QUERY: DELETE FROM itemTypesCombined] [ERROR: unable to open database file] "

I reported it with the message number 583737540. How do I resolve this?

Thank you!
  • On a Mac that generally indicates a permissions problem in your Zotero data directory — specifically that your user account doesn't have access to the zotero.sqlite file (and probably other files). You can fix that using Get Info in the Finder. (It could also be due to security software, but that's much less likely on a Mac.)

Have you been using Zotero on this computer and user account, or did you migrate/copy files from another computer?
  • Okay so yes that is when I was trying to use it from my mac. I also access zotero from a surfacepro tablet and it is working fine on that. I have used that for a lot of the files, which may not be migrating to the mac. How do I resolve/ Where do I look for the data directory on the mac to get it working/synced?