Is it possible to Delete *all* automatic Tags

I've used Zotero for about 3 years now, and I didn't really know what I was doing for most of that time (I started in Undergrad.) Since Starting my PhD I've worked out a pretty comprehensive Tagging system that works for me, but I have a *huge* backlog of automatically added tags I'd like to get rid of, and then re-tag each item in my own system.

Is there a way to delete all old automatic tags? I noticed they show up as a different colour, so must be stored with some identifier. I've worked out how to stop new papers from adding tags.

On the other hand, I don't want to delete all tags as I have a number of papers (at least 100), using my own tagging system, and I don't want to have to re-tag them all (Especially since I will be re-tagging so many from before I made my own system.
  • edited July 7, 2017
    Are you using Zotero for Firefox or Zotero Standalone?

If Firefox, you can use the Zotero Javascript API with the Execute-JS plugin to delete all automatic tags: https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/client_coding/javascript_api#exampledelete_all_automatic_tags

There is no easy way to do with with Zotero Standalone, sorry.
  • This is possible in Zotero 5.0, now available, via an option in the tag selector menu.
  • edited July 17, 2017
    @dstillman I can't find tag selector menu for delete automatic tags in Z5.0. Can be more detail, please? Thx.

EDIT: I've found it.
  • The icon (tag) Action is in the right bottom corner of the tag part of the left column. I think it is not the best place. It's easy to overlook it. Can it moved or duplicated to the Zotero toolbar?
    I have one question, can be this functionality (pop-up menu) available by right-clicking on the white place in the tag part of the left column too.