Zotero Interferes with Desire2Learn (D2L) functionality

G'day,

Since installing Zotero 1.5 I have found that I can no longer access my university's Desire2Learn (D2L) website which is utilized to provide test taking, class discussion, and project collaboration. When I disable the add-in the program works fine but with it enabled I get the following error every time after the log in:
------------------------------------------------
Data Transfer Interrupted

The connection to www.uwgb.edu.ezproxy.uwgb.edu:2048 was interrupted while the page was loading.

The browser connected successfully, but the connection was interrupted while transferring information. Please try again.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've requested more info on data protocols from the university IT staff but I'm not sure I'll get it since they don't support Zotero (yet, but I'm working on it). I copied the following information from the university website:
-------------------------------------------
Computer requirements for D2L - faculty and students
D2L requires a supported* browser that is properly configured. Not all browsers work, not all versions of browsers work, and often even the latest greatest browsers do not work consistently. Non-supported browsers tend to cause problems at inconvenient times, e.g., when taking a test, using the html editor, working with the gradebook, etc. The list of supported browsers changes as D2L and browsers get updated; it's something of a leap-frog process. Learn@UW (UW-System tech unit in Madison) keeps an updated list that includes supported operating systems, browsers, settings, Java requirements, etc. This information is available at: http://kb.doit.wisc.edu/luwmad/page.php?id=3210.

Briefly, for D2L to function correctly:

Use a supported browser. We recommend IE 6.0 or 7.0 and Firefox 2.0 with Windows, and Safari 2.0 and Firefox 2.0 on a Mac.
Make sure the browser is set to accept cookies,
Javascript must be enabled,
The popup blocker must be turned off,
The browser's cache must be set to check for a new page every time (rather than pull an old page from cache),
See the details at: http://kb.doit.wisc.edu/luwmad/page.php?id=3210.
* All Web applications are coded (programmed) according to established browser standards but must also address idiosyncrasies unique to different browsers and even different versions of the same browser. This makes coding for all of them impossible, no Web application can do that. Supported browsers are those browsers that D2L specifically programs for. Non-supported browsers might or might not work correctly or they might work correctly most of the time and then encounter serious problems at inopportune times. It is usually best to work with a supported browser.

update: July 6, 2007
This discussion has been closed.