Zotero Beta 5.0 & Jurism Compatible?

I use Jurism. The Zotero update sounds great. If I install the new standalone version, will that affect Jurism?
  • yes, don't do that. Juris-m will update to the Zotero 5.0 codebase, probably with the final release, and you should wait for that (you _can_ use the Firefox connector that's part of the 5.0 release with juris-m already, though)
  • Great, thanks - and for all your hard work.
  • And I should hold off on the new MacWord plug in also?
  • edited May 11, 2017
    @ejzejz: I haven't tried the new MacWord plugin with Juris-M yet. I'm not sure how the two would get along. There would be no danger to your data there - the worst that can happen is that you end up having to reenable/reinstall the existing plugin version.

Juris-M 5.0 is nearly ready to go. Using it for a faculty project over the past few weeks, we've uncovered a couple of significant bugs in the UI for creators that need to be fixed. Once those are out of the way, we'll be ready for a preliminary release.
  • The new MacWord plugin is primarily a cosmetic change to match the WindowsWord plugin, so it should work fine with Juris-M.
  • Any updates on the Juris-M 5.0 version?
  • A beta of Juris-M 5.0 is available https://juris-m.github.io/downloads/
  • Thanks for this - it's great so far. The only thing I'm having problems with is dragging citations into a document - I can drag a citation to a place in the document, but nothing happens - the citation just "snaps back" into Juris-m.
  • edited June 24, 2017
    @fbennett Could you look at that?

@ejzejz Does that happen in all programs that you try to drag to (Word, email, text editor, etc.)?
  • So I've managed to get dragging to work with the RTF citation format - as long I've set the preferences in Jurism and the document for that format. It still does't work with the Indigo Law Review style. I've also noticed that Jurism doesn't give me the option of "Scannable Cite" anymore, even though it still comes up in the choice of styles on the word plug-in.
  • You'd only get Scannable Cite when you have the ODF scan addon installed.
    https://github.com/Juris-M/zotero-odf-scan-plugin/releases/tag/v1.0.33
  • So the option for Scannable Cite shows up in the list of styles available in the Quick Copy area of preferences. It does not show up as a style available in the Style Manager area - and isn't listed in the "additional styles" available online.
  • Ah, OK. In technical terms, Scannable Cite is an export translator, not a citation style. The only place you'd see it is under quick copy (and under "Export")