Reference with four authors shows up with et al. in bibliography

Hi!

Using Cite them right Harvard style in Zotero Standalone 4.0.29.17 and have noticed that a journal Reference shows up using 'et al. ' in the bibliography, rather than spelling out all authors' names.

Have been using Zotero for four years, but this is the first time I've experienced it (as far as I've noticed...)

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how I can fix it?
  • That's because it's coded like that: <bibliography and="text" et-al-min="4" et-al-use-first="1">

Is it not meant to be et aled?
  • If this is not how the style is supposed to function, could you post a reference to the correct style specifications and we can fix it?
  • Well, my bad. Changed from the 9th to the 10th edition perhaps, you no longer have to spell out all names, it's just an option. Below is a transcript from Cite Them Right 10th edition (Online):

"Citing four or more authors/editors

NB You would either do exactly the same in your reference list, for example:

Tipton, C. et al. (2016) ...

OR, if your institution requires referencing of all named authors:

Tipton, C., Howell, P., Richards, S., Ince, V., and Emery, L. (2016) ...

If you are writing for a publication, you should follow the editor's guidelines, as you may be required to name all the authors, regardless of the number, to ensure that each author's contribution is recognised."

I guess that means manual fix of the Reference. Thanks for getting back to me so soon! :-)
  • If you want to do this automatically, open the style's .csl file, delete the et-al-min="4" et-al-use-first="1" part from the line damnation gives above, then change the style ID, save, and install.

General style editing instructions here:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step