[5.0 Beta] Word plugin not installing

Hello!
On the last Beta the word plugin stop working, I tried to reinstalling but when I press the button to install the plugin nothing happens. I'm using Word 2016, Windows 10 and Zotero Beta 5.0 198

A few days backs it was working as intended, but today the plugins just stopped to work. I started Zotero with Administrator rights but that makes no difference

Any help will be appreciated
  • Could we see a Report ID?
  • The Report ID is 1920881505
  • Is that after attempting both attempting the install and pressing a button in Word?
  • First, I tried to add a reference on my document, but I couldn't.
    Then, I check on Zotero/Tools/Preferences/Cite/Text processors and it says that the plugin for Microsoft Word needs to be installed, I pressed the button but nothing happened.
    I reinstalled Zotero, and pressed the button to install the plugin again, but nothing happened.
    After that, I manually uninstalled Zotero and the plugin that was still present on Microsoft Word to then install Zotero again and press the button to install the plugin, but nothing happened.
  • edited May 15, 2017
    What I mean is that the Report ID has to be submitted after you try something and before you restart Zotero, which clears the log. There are no relevant errors in the error report you submitted.
  • Oh! Sorry!

I just started Zotero, and then on Zotero/Tools/Preferences/Cite/Text processors I press the button to install the plugin for Microsoft Word, but nothing happened. And create this Report ID 1911994579.
  • Can you check in Word if the plug-in is actually installed? I have the plug-in, it shows in Word 2016, and works as expected. However, in Preferences > Cite > Word Processors it says the Word add-in is not installed and clicking the install button does nothing.

Word 2016, Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, Zotero 5.0 beta 198
  • I checked on C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP and the .dot (and .dotm) files aren't present. As I mentioned, I delete them before, hoping that Zotero would install them again, but was not the case
  • edited May 15, 2017
    Can you update to the latest 5.0 beta (199) and provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for the installation attempt?
  • Done, Debug ID is D407733324
  • Sorry, my mistake — can you update to 200 and do that again?
  • Excellent!

I just update to 200 and the word plugins was installed automatically, I check the button and it says that the plugin was installed, I opened Word and Zotero was working as intended (:

Thanks!
  • mc
    edited June 7, 2017
    Just to bump this one.... I had to install Office 2016 on a Windows 7 machine from scratch and when I clicked on "Install Microsoft Word Add-in" nothing happened, but the add-in did install and work. I still get the message in Preferences that the add-in is not installed. Using 5.0-beta.202+ddc9989 -- no debug report because there is nothing in it. Report ID is: 1478792654.
  • O meu plugin não funciona. Já não sei o que fazer o meu Word é o 2013