Toolbar tabs reducing in size automatically so can't see options

I am running Zotero Standalone 4.0.29.10 on Windows 10. The control tabs File, Edit, Tools etc and the Task bar options Actions, New Items etc reduce in size automatically when I try to use them and will not let me see the options available. They will/might be normal if it restart Zotero but after one use will reduce in size and then keep reducing to about 2mm square and will not reopen.

This has been happening for the last few months. Previously, it was fine.

I am afraid to upgrade to the latest version or re-install in case existing catalogs are lost. Because I can't access the tabs, I can't see how to save existing catalogs before re-installing.
  • https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#backing_up_your_zotero_library

I don't believe anyone else has reported this, so it's likely something on your computer. If it still happens in 4.0.29.17 (the latest version), you can try the 5.0 Beta (which will be released as final soon). Beyond that you'd have to look into things on your system that might be causing this.
  • I just installed the most recent version of zotero standalone 4.0.29.20 on a new hard driveand I'm having the same problem, which I did not have with the same version of zotero on my old hard drive. I have tried reinstalling and it does not help. I also tried installing 5.0 beta and have the same problem. Any suggestions for what to do? I am not having this problem with zotero for Firefox. Thank you