Font size in "Notes"

Can you help me change the standard-size of the fonds in the notes-editor? (I'd like a bigger size.)
  • Is it safe to assume that you're using Zotero 1.5? By "standard-size", do you mean the default size? I'm not sure how do change the default, but opening the Styles dropdown box, you can select different heading levels, which will change the font size. You could also hit the HTML button and put in some HTML to increase the font size. As for making that the default, I'm afraid I don't know of a way.
  • http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/4558/#Item_5
  • Yeah, read the link that Dan points to. The solutions ahoward is suggesting are really not the way to go.
  • I second bdarcus. My suggestions are awful.
  • No offense intended; just didn't want to steer the OP in the wrong direction :-)
  • Oh, no no. I understand completely. Stillman's solution is exactly what the OP was looking for. Mine was a couple poor means of doing something different. :P
  • Thanks, Dan. Thanks, AHoward. This (creating a userchrome.css) DID work! Why don't you put this on the "tipps" list? (The default characters really are tiny. In the older version, one could enlarge them with "ctrl+", but this doesn't work any more in 1.5)

Before putting the question in the forum, I also had a look at the dokumentation at the TinyMCE website myself. All I understood was that there should be a way to enlarge the characters, but that this way wouldn't be accessible for me for reasons of technical obscurity.

By the way: Yesterday, I had to stay home with my sick son. I had a cold and couldn't go to kindergarten. I was damn lucky to have access to my notes via 1.5, which I am using since a couple of weeks now. Thanks!

Best,
    Ralf
  • Thanks, Dan. Thanks, AHoward. This (creating a userchrome.css) DID work! Why don't you put this on the "tipps" list? (The default characters really are tiny. In the older version, one could enlarge them with "ctrl+", but this doesn't work any more in 1.5)
    A number of people have said this, but I don't see it myself. Is there some pattern to this feeling? A particular OS, or screen size?
  • Windows XP, Thinkpad, 14 inch screen.
    Also, I am a heavy user of notes!
    rg
  • Whether you're a "heavy user" has no impact on whether you think the font is too small. I simply don't. But, I'm typically using a 20" desktop monitor.
  • Is there some pattern to this feeling? A particular OS, or screen size?
    How about age and/vision? :)

I'm not OLD, but I quite abit older than i used to be. :( And, I'm by no means blind, but even with my glasses, I, too, find the notes font a tad small, especially when the note is extensive. When there is a lot to read, I wish the font as a little larger. Changing the preference to Medium is not good, because then it makes all the other fonts in other windows too large. I only have the issue in the notes, when extended reading is involved.

I often have to bump up the text size on websites when they use too small a font. Amd Emails that come in 10pt should be outlawed! :)

So here's my vote for being able to increase note window font size.
  • Age/vision is DEFINITELY an important issue.

But as has been noted elsewhere (above?) you can already change the default note size. I just think it should be preference option
  • edited March 30, 2009
    And I agree it should be a preference option since I don't have clue what Dan is talking talking about! :)

I guess I need to investigate some more. It's probably in the forum someplace how to do that.

Edit: Ok...that wasn't so hard...me slinks away.