[Closed] CSL: two type of encyclopedia entries

edited May 19, 2017
Hello,

Where I work we refer all the time to a medical encyclopedia with specific citation rules.
In short: when citing one article of this encyclopedia, we don't mention its url, even if there is one.
I would like to keep URL in Zotero, because it's easier to consult the article on the web, but I do not want the URL to appear when citing.

I could modify my CSL style to exclude the URL from the style when the entry is an encyclopedia article. But, if I'm doing this, citing other online encyclopedia (e.g. wikipedia) would be totally dumb...

Is there a way I can specify in my style something like "if the title is Blabla then: no url, else: normal style with url"?

Thanks!
  • Is there a way I can specify in my style something like "if the title is Blabla then: no url, else: normal style with url"?
    No, sorry.
  • What LiborA says on your specific question.
    ideas how to handle this:
    1) Enter the medical encyclopedia as a book section or
    2) remove the link from the URL field and move it to an attached link for the encyclopedia.
  • @LiborA : fudge...

@adamsmith : thanks.

Is there a way the link operation you suggest could be done by writing a specific Zotero translator ?
  • Yes, absolutely. An attachment with snapshot: false would do that.
  • One more question:

I know this translator could be used by several people as the website I'm referring to is a huge reference here in France (www.em-premium.com - the encyclopedia is EMC).
    If I write one to comply with my citations rules, would it be possible to share it with the Zotero community with my URL exception?
  • yes, we'd absolutely take the translator, subject to code review, of course:
    https://github.com/zotero/translators