Search result display

I'm using Zotero Standalone (Windows).

The result of a search is displayed with all the items open - both the pdf and the container greyed-out. Is there any way I can have the items displayed closed?

The name of the pdf (which is emphasised, in black) isn't necessarily the proper name for the item and the container, which has the name I want, isn't so visible, being in grey. I'd just like search results presented as the normal list is.

I've been using Zotero for a couple of months now and like it very much, btw!
  • Press “+” (plus) on the keyboard within the collections list or items list to expand all nodes and “-” (minus) to collapse them.

Items are greyed out when they do not contain what you've searched for.
    The name of the pdf (which is emphasised, in black) isn't necessarily the proper name for the item and the container, which has the name I want, isn't so visible, being in grey.
    sorry, I don't follow.

https://www.zotero.org/support/searching
  • Thank you Gracile, that'll be very useful. But why the default behaviour is open-item, I don't know.

Don't follow? Don't worry.

Thanks!
  • PS This is just the sort of helpful support that was so lacking with Qiqqa, which I used to use.
  • the item is displayed expanded because the search finds at least one of the attached items (the one that is not greyed out).