Zotero keeps reporting conflicts between distant and local objects

Report ID : 409290478

Zotero keeps reporting conflicts between distant and local objects even if I never modify distant objects (I only use Zotero on my computer with the Firefox extension).

Zotero tells me that the object has been modified in several places and offers to merge them.

It happens with objects that I have recently modified in Zotero via the Firefox extension as well as with objects that I have not modified or even opened in years.

Could you please help me to understand what goes wrong and solve the problem ?

Thanks for your help !

• edited May 18, 2017
    It looks like your Zotero is repeatedly performing a full download — that can happen for a few reasons in Zotero 4.0, and it can trigger conflict messages for items you haven't changed in a long time. See Repeated Conflicts to understand why you keep getting the message — you'll need to resolve the conflicts and/or address a sync error (if you're getting one) for that to stop.

The upcoming Zotero 5.0 should be much better at avoiding unnecessary full downloads and resolving conflicts automatically.
  • Thanks for your help.

I have read "repeated conflicts" but that did not help me understand why I keep getting the message...

Resolving the conflicts does not help.

I do have a "sync error" (indicated by an error icon to the left of the sync icon in the Zotero toolbar).

How can I address it ?
  • What does it say when you click on the error icon?
  • Des conflits ont interrompu la synchronisation automatique.
    Cliquez sur l'icone de synchronisation pour les résoudre.

Traduction :
    Automatic sync has been stopped due to conflicts.
    Click on the sync icon to solve them.
  • so do you run through the conflicts and solve them or not?
  • yes I do but I do not understand where these conflicts come from as I never modify distant files... I always use Zotero via Firefox on my computer.