Error report 2104655309

edited May 15, 2017
I think it has to do with the fact that I have Firefox save my tabs.
I believe Zotero was open in a separate tab when I closed Firefox.
When I reopened Firefox, the Zotero tab was gone.
When I opened a new window and tried to open Zotero, I get an empty screen.
Only when I click on "My Library", I get the phrase: An error has occurred. Please restart Firefox.

This is quite annoying, because there is a reason why I save my tabs: I want to continue working on them. The fact that I cannot continue to use Zotero is thus annoying.

EDIT: I cannot close the Zotero sidebar anymore in the original (saved session) window after I tried to open Zotero in the original window instead of in the new window, because it generates a pop-up and reports: There was an error starting Zotero.
  • edited May 15, 2017
    disk I/O error
    This is usually due to having your Zotero data directory on a network share or in a server-mirrored location on your hard drive. You should move it to a regular location on your hard drive. (The upcoming Zotero 5.0 will use "Zotero" in your home directory, so that's what I'd recommend.)

It could also be caused by security software on your system.
  • edited May 16, 2017
    That makes a lot of sense, because I am on a university computer: my main user drive, where Zotero data is located, is on a network share X:\ (the real address is something like \\NETWORK1\\COMPUTER2\\USER5\\)
    My network drive was functioning when this error occurred, as I was working on files from the X:\ drive.
    Between Firefox sessions, I switched computers. Could it be that Zotero tried to access the real network location of the drive, instead of trying X:\ ? I have seen other software (python) do that on these machines.

Anyway, Zotero 5.0 will probably solve that as well, right? Also in the Firefox-only version?