[5.0 Beta] RSS feed items - archive and delete options

Currently, there is no way to delete individual items in a RSS feed, or to mark them for archiving. User can define when (in days after) to automatically delete an item based on if it is read or unread.

Is that expected to change? I would like to archive some feed items after I have read them, but delete most others.
  • Why can you archive any items in the feed? You can import them in the special collection and deleted it from a feed, can you? I think that is a better way as store it in the feed.
  • @LiborA I could not fully follow what you meant. Are you askng if I can drag-drop them to a collection in My Library? Yes, I can do that and it is a workaround, but not very elegant. Also, when I do that, any item is added as a journal article, which is incorrect but works.

I was coming at this from how I have managed RSS feeds in Outlook, where I can delete individual items and keep the ones I want to. Just like emails.
  • The feeds feature is intended just to help you get items into Zotero — it's not meant to be a place that you keep items permanently.
    Also, when I do that, any item is added as a journal article, which is incorrect but works.
    They should be added the same way as if you navigated to the page and saved them to Zotero, in the appropriate item type. If you have an example that you think is being saved incorrectly, let us know.