[5.0 beta] "My Publications" are opened expanded

In the current version (180+de7b56b), there are all items expanded in the "MyPublication" every time I go to this collection. I would like to see all items collapsed (that's typical behaviour for all other collections) or in the state of collapsing/expanding I gone from this collection.
  • Still happening for me under version 2160b1c.
  • This was by design, though I'm happy to discuss it. The problem is that, unlike with a normal collection or the previous separate My Publications library, the visibility of child items is now set on an individual basis. Expanding all parents so that child items are shown in black or gray makes the visibility of those items clear.

But visibility follows the setting you choose when you drag the items in, and we don't make new child items visible by default, so maybe this isn't too big of an issue and it'd be better to retain normal usability of the collection.
  • edited April 19, 2017
    Sorry, but I do not fully understand your statements "the visibility of child items is now set on an individual basis" and "visibility follows the setting you choose when you drag the items in". Where can I set up this?
  • See my announcement of the new version.
  • I find the default expansion fairly jarring, and it really hampers the usability of My Publications for me. For many items in My Publications, I have an attachment (not shared), a link to an open access version (shared), and possibly some other links/notes/attachments (not shared). This means that opening My Publications leads to only a few items being shown at first (this is particularly problematic given that I am using the stacked layout).

Would it be possible to modify the behavior of the Attachments column in My Publications to indicate no attachment/shared/not shared/mixed? Or maybe for a new column to appear for this use when My Publications is selected?
  • I second that starting My Publications (or anything) fully expanded is jarring. I always have to first minimize all items before doing anything further.
  • OK, I've removed the auto-expansion in the latest beta.