right click in notes to copy / paste

Hi, not sure if this is a bug report or feature request. I'd like to be able to do the normal right-click and copy / paste in in and out of notes. Being able to drag text out of notes is great, but requires a bit more windows management than I'd always like.
Regards,
Jon.
  • It's a bug (along with the lack of tooltips and spellcheck in the new note interface). You can, however, use the usual Ctrl/Cmd-x/c/v keyboard shortcuts to cut, copy, and paste.
  • Hi Dan, just to report another bug that I'm having with this. If you Crl-v (this is on Windows) into a new note then html formatting appears as text at the top of the note
    e.g.
    <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } A:link { so-language: zxx } -->

I can delete it no problem, but thought you should know.
    Regards, Jon.
  • hi Dan, about new note interface, courage (it's damage for spellcheck, but),
    only the adress format gives a compact lay of view, is it a bug (large linefeeds) ? or will other format developped ?
    Feleications for job, Alain.
  • On a new machine using Vista 7 and Firefox 3.6.10, right-clicking does not paste buffered text into a Note, although Ctrl-V does.
  • This may be useless information, but in 2.1b2 on Windows 7 and FF 3.6.12, right clicking in Notes sometimes works, although usually not. I have not detected any pattern.
  • edited May 9, 2011
    I was having problems pasting text into notes (as well as Yahoo mail, gmail, and Ubuntu forums) on my Ubuntu machine, but what worked was holding down the "Super-key" while doing ctrl-v. (The Super-key is the Windows key, which we ubuntu users may cover with the ubuntu logo sticker. I don't know what the analog is for Apple keyboards.) I'm posting this information here in case someone else was having a similar problem.

(I added Parcellite, a clipboard manager from the Software Center, I don't think it enabled this functioning, but it might have.)

Aaron