[5.0 Beta] Link edit popup appears over text

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero 5.0 Beta.
  • With Zotero 5 note style, it's difficult to change the text of a link because the pop up (to open/edit/delete the link) appears over the link when the cursor is in it. It would be better if the pop up only appear when the mouse is over the link, not the text cursor.
    Also if the text link only contains one letter or one letter and a symbol (like E: ou .S) : it's impossible to open the link, because the impossible pop up (to open/edit/delete the link) doesn't appear.
  • I'm not totally clear what you mean — for me the popup is always over the line above, not the line where the cursor is. So the text you're editing is never actually blocked. Are you seeing something different?
    Also if the text link only contains one letter or one letter and a symbol (like E: ou .S) : it's impossible to open the link
    Issue created. Note that you can still edit/remove the link with the button.
  • I'm having some specifications for these problems, using Zotero 5.0-beta.181+f3ceb7f on a Mac:
    1. When I click on a link, the popup (open/edit/remove link) appears over the link, if the link not at the beginning of a new line - regardless from the position of the cursor. It would be better if the popup appeared always over or under the line. This happens now only if the link is at the beginning of a new line. Additional to @Whateverr: A particular problem occurs at the bottom of a note (at the bottom of the window) in the last line: The popup remains half hidden below the bottom of the page.
    2. A link with one single character (as text to display) cannot be opened. No popup appears.
    3. Additional to @Whateverr: Would it be possible to show the link URL before opening the link, for example when hovering over the link or in the popup?
  • For me the popup is always on the text, regardless where the link is cf http://i.imgur.com/L4eDPvC.png

Like bknorm, on the last line, the popup remains half hidden below the bottom of the page.

• This should be fixed in the latest beta.
  • Thank you!
    The position of the popup is now fine. The issues 2+3 from my comment above are still there, but these are not that serious.
  • Thanks for the edit, this really makes things easier. Issue 2 from bknorn is also still there, but I can work around it by press CTRL when clicking on the link.