Error message and won't insert citations Report 1691583197

edited April 1, 2017
Hello, I had a citation that was showing the footnote source as if it were the first instance, and I was pretty sure it was not. I deleted the citation intending to insert it again. Now every time I try to insert a new citation anywhere in the document, I'm getting an error message that says "Footnotes or endnotes must start at 1 if numbering is not continuous. I've got 8 chapters in this dissertation, each of which is a new section where the footnote numbering begins at 1. I've tried saving and exiting the document and closing Zotero and then reopening both, but still get this message. Help!
  • I've tried deleting the bibliography, but that doesn't help.
  • Here's the error report 1691583197
  • Seems to be tied to one section of the document but for the life of me I can't see why. New error report. 980406088.
    I am planning to retype in that section. But I'd still like help.
  • Can you insert a footnote just in Word, without Zotero? I don't think that's a Zotero error message.
  • Yeah, it is a Zotero error message, and I posted two error report numbers. I did find the problem though, it had to do with a section break.
  • (The error was displayed in Zotero, but it's not a Zotero error — that message doesn't exist in Zotero code.)
  • OK, thanks.