Zotero Group Library User Statistics and Analytics

Hi all,
Is there a place or way to access user statistics in group libraries? Or does anyone have a suggestions as to the best way to collect analytics for a group library?

Thank you.
  • I don't think you can currently. I'm certainly not aware of any way to do so.
  • There is not. What kind of analytics are you looking for?
  • I'm curious to know how many visitors it has had, and any other stats that might exist.

Thanks!
  • I don't think you can use google analytics for sites that aren't yours...
  • I didn't think that Zotero was compatible with Google Analytics-but it would be great if it was.
  • I'm pretty sure Zotero uses Google Analytics, but as I said, you can't just look at the GA reports a site that's not yours. GA is also pretty extensive in terms of the things it allows you to see. I don't think it'd be at all acceptable for Zotero to pass on that level of information to group owners.

But some type of visitor count seems like it'd work pretty nicely for the purpose at hand.
  • If anyone knows of a way to get that kind of report from Zotero that would be fantastic.
  • Zotero will have to implement that (fcheslack who posted above is Zotero's web developer, so his question indicates at least some degree of interest on their part).
  • Thanks for the interest and follow up question, fcheslack, and thanks for the insight, Adam! I hope this is something that Zotero implements.
  • Hoping the same here too. It would be very helpful to small communities of users like ours!