Zot5 bug: missing "www" when click on a web item link (send to different page)

edited February 23, 2017
To reproduce:
look at the graphs shown on this page: they are interactive.

http://tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Now import this page in zotero and open the link by clicking on the item.

it will open a browser tab with this URL:
tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Notice that the link doesn't contain "www" and that the graphs aren't dynamic, but pictures.

ps: clicking on the URL button of the item works (the button is on the tab "info" on the left of the url). It sends the rights URL with "www"
  • I'm not sure what this has to do with Zotero. This appears to be a site issue. If I view that page at the above URL — with 'www' — in any browser, I get pictures. If I view it with 'www' I get interactive graphs. Zotero just sends you to the URL that you save — 'www' does mean anything special.

(Speaking of spurious correlations... )
  • I also find it strange, I did not know "www" could change anything. But I also find it strange that the button URL (cf above) doesn't send the same URL, than when clicking on the item.

(Speaking of missing correlations...)
  • I also find it strange that the button URL (cf above) doesn't send the same URL, than when clicking on the item.
    If you click the URL label, Zotero opens the URL in the URL field. If you double-click the item, it will open a local snapshot if one is attached and otherwise open the URL from the URL field. Are you seeing something different?

In any case, if I look at the page without 'www' now, the graphs work, so the site might have fixed the issue with the root domain (or there's some difference in different browsers).
  • If you click the URL label, Zotero opens the URL in the URL field. If you double-click the item, it will open a local snapshot if one is attached and otherwise open the URL from the URL field.

That's interesting! I struggled with that for something else. Since they aren't doing the same action, it explains why my pdf where opened in a zotero windows when I doubled clicked on the label (which contains a local link to the pdf file)