pdf files not opening in linux

Hi,
I am using zotero both in windows and linux. In windows everything is working fine, however in linux (CentOS) I can't open the pdf files directly by clicking on the doc in the zotero standalone window. It shows an error message "Could not display "/.../.../filename.pdf" and saying the location is not a folder!
I have tried changing the file directory but that doesn't help. Everything is working fine when I am using with Mozilla.
I also have tried to delete the mimeTypes.rdf file in the profile directory and then restart Zotero standalone, still its of no help. Can you please help me to debug this issue!

Thanks
  • Thanks for your suggestion.
    I have tried that but still it does not help. Do you have any idea of other ways?
  • Not sure what "that" refers to. There are a lot of things on that page.
  • "That" refers to both
    (a) deleting mimeTypes.rdf file from the profile directory for zotero standalone
    (b) editing default.list and setting application/pdf=acroread.desktop or kde-okularApplication_pdf.desktop
  • OK. As I say, we don't really have any more info. File handling on Linux is a ungodly mess. If you provide a Debug ID for a file opening attempt we might be able to tell you more, but I'd guess that "Could not display" is coming from some other program that's handling the file — you might be able to tell from ps. Also note that there are a whole bunch of defaults.list files, so it's possible another one is taking precedence.