[5.0 Beta] I Cannot add citation in the "old" Word document

edited November 2, 2016
Today I can add a new citation in my "old" document, but I have been got an error message "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Unsupported library type ´undefined´ in Zotero.URI.getLibraryPath()". If I open new MS Word document, there is no problem to add the citation.
Standalone Zotero 5.0-beta.r70+da7da74; Windows 10; MS Word 2010
  • And if you're able to narrow this down to a small portion of the document using the Debugging Broken Documents steps, you can send the file to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread and we can take a look.
  • Report ID : 1327702649
    In my document was not a lot of citation so I create copy of my document delete all citation and add all citation again (original "broken" document is still available for testing if you can take a look)
  • Are you citing items from a group library by any chance?
  • @LiborA: Yes, if you could send the broken document to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread, that would be helpful, thanks. (I suggested the debugging steps just in case you wanted to cut it down and not send the whole document.)
  • @adomasven: I have been try to add items from local library and from group library, no diference, still error.
  • I'm not seeing anything problematic in the document you sent, so it'd be great if you could narrow it down to the smallest section that causes a problem — ideally a single citation — as explained in the Debugging Broken Documents instructions.
  • Same issue;
    Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
    Unsupported library type 'undefined' in Zotero.URI.getLibraryPath()
    I am using standalone, and had just updated the Microsoft Word add-in.
    I can't add a new reference, set document preferences, or edit a reference.

Following Debugging broken documents instructions:
    Copying to new document didn't solve problem.
    Making a copied document didn't solve problem.
    Deleting Bibliography didn't work.
    Error new errors appear after attempting to insert a citation.
    Error report No 930553728
    Deleting half document worked!
    Deleting single citation worked! (finding it was hard - long document!)
    Inserting the new citation caused the same problem until inserted it afresh and edited it within show editor window.
    Document excerpt sent.
  • @hamigos: Thanks for the document. Assuming you can still reproduce this with that document, could you upgrade to the latest beta, build 106, and generate a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for this with that? That will hopefully give us a bit more info on what's happening.
  • This is likely fixed in the latest build, 111. There was a problem updating citations for items that had been replaced via merge.
  • I'm still having this problem with 5.0 beta 106.
    I merged an item in Zotero.
    After returning to Word, I received the same 'Unsupported library type' error from above.
    My only workaround has been to remove the citation for the merged item from the document, and to re-create the item in Zotero.
  • Do you actually mean beta 106? Then please update. The beta is in the 130s now.
  • Many thanks. All working now. My mistake: I didn't realise my Zotero wasn't auto-updating.