[fixed ]Firefox "connector" not syncing with Standalone Zotero

edited February 8, 2017
Hi,

Going through a lot of my pdfs without parent items. It has been working fine, until now. When I click the save to zotero button in Firefox, the saved item is not sync`d with my standalone version of zotero. It was working yesterday, now it does not. Restarting Zotero does not help. I have recorded a gif video of the situation, in hope that it will make my issue easier to understand.

Also, why is the addon called the Firefox Connector, when in reality, it is the whole zotero package? I switched from the Firefox Zotero package in order to lower the load on firefox, but it is basically the whole thing, with its own library etc.

Gif is available here: http://imgur.com/a/ywK85

Using v. 4.0.29.17
  • Also, why is the addon called the Firefox Connector, when in reality, it is the whole zotero package?
    It's not. In Zotero 4.0, there's no separate connector for Firefox — the full Zotero for Firefox simply switches to connector mode when Zotero Standalone is open, as long as Zotero Standalone and Zotero for Firefox are sharing the same data directory. They do that by default, but it sounds like that's not the case for you.

You can fix the data directory setting in the preferences, but in the upcoming Zotero 5.0, Zotero for Firefox has been replaced with an actual connector, so what you might want to do instead is install the beta version of the Zotero Connector for Firefox. (I believe that should mostly work with Zotero Standalone 4.0.)
  • edited February 8, 2017
    Edit: the new firefox connector works with Zotero 4 standalone. Highly recommend this solution.

Sure - sorry for the confusion, and for my hasty posts. Was in the middle of working and got irritated that I had to go through troubleshooting. Appreciate all the work you people do with zotero.

I will just go with the Firefox thing. Looking forward to v. 5.