Inactive Zotero icon for some pages on a MacOS 10.12.1 Sierra

Hello,

While I was helping a student to install Zotero on her Mac, I noticed that the Z icon on the Safari browser would work properly for collecting references on some pages like amazon or our discovery tool, but not on others like scopus or Web of Science. Sometimes it won't even be able to retrieve the basic metadata from a single page for which no translator exists.

Another thing that looks strange to me is that it is quite impossible to drag and drop a bundle of PDFs from a folder to the library.

Since this student downloaded Zotero last week, she must have the latest standalone version on her computer.

I could not find recent issues about installing Zotero standalone on a MacOS Sierra. Would you have any clue ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Damien Belvèze
  • While I was helping a student to install Zotero on her Mac, I noticed that the Z icon on the Safari browser would work properly for collecting references on some pages like amazon or our discovery tool, but not on others like scopus or Web of Science. Sometimes it won't even be able to retrieve the basic metadata from a single page for which no translator exists.
    The current connector for safari has not been updated in a while and has some differences to the Firefox extension and Chrome connector. Translator detection should be generally good, but where no translators are detected you can right click on the page and select "Save to Zotero as Web Page". If you want us to look into specific pages you'd have to provide URLs.
    Another thing that looks strange to me is that it is quite impossible to drag and drop a bundle of PDFs from a folder to the library.
    This should work normally. What happens when you try dragging PDFs from Finder into Zotero?