[Zotero 5.0 Beta] Repeated failure to upgrade database with Standalone Beta

2»
  • Oh, I was under the impression the databases were about the same size — you said above "there are a few group libraries I'm not syncing to this database, but the database sizes aren't that different". But if there are tens of thousands more items in the slow one, that seems like the likely difference.

From the looks of it, this second one is ready after 75 seconds, which isn't great, but seems OK for a VM.

Anyway, I'm inclined not to worry about this further until we get reports of it that aren't from a VM, since that's really not a recommended setup. I'd actually be very curious to know how long the full database took when run natively under macOS.
  • Sorry--I hadn't remembered just how many more group libraries are the in the upgraded database, and I think I misread the file size of the synced database [999,000 kb instead of 99,000 kb].

Debug ID for the upgraded database opened under macOS (after moving the Zotero folder out of the VM into native macOS SSD filesystem):
    D106320564

Subjectively, Zotero 5.0 startup does seem to be noticeably slower than Zotero 4.0 startup under the same VM setup (which I have always used since starting to use Zotero years ago).