Zotero extendion in LibreOffice not responding (standalone, MAC)

Hi everybody,

I'm a librarian and one of the studient I'm teaching how to use Zotero is having trouble with it.

On MAC, Libre Office 5.1.6.2, Zotero STAND ALONE 4.0.29.15
The plugin in Libreoffice appears but does not respond when you clic on it.
In the extension manager, the plugin appears in grey, we can't enable it cause it says that it's "unverified"

We uninstalled Java JDE to install Java JDK (1.8.0_121.jdk) --> it didn't worked
Then we uninstalled all, and reinstalled LO, then Standalone then the plugin --> it still not responding.

We tried to uninstall Standalone to install Zotero+Firefox (50.1.0).
Then on the zotero website we downloaded and installed the libreoffice plugin 3.5.12.
--> Mozilla says that the plugin is unverified
--> Libreoffice still disable the plugin

Does anyone has a solution or just a track to find it ?
It will help a lot cause we've spent some time on it and we couldn't achieve anything.
Thanks a lot !!
  • edited January 20, 2017
    Upgrade to LibreOffice 5.2. We tested this successfully a few days ago with LibreOffice 5.2.4.2 / JDK 1.8.0_112 / LO Integration Plugin 3.5.12 / Zotero 4.0.29.16 / macOS 10.12.2.

(Standalone vs. Firefox won't make a difference. If you're starting someone out, it's better to start them on Standalone at this point, since the full Firefox version is going away.)
    Then on the zotero website we downloaded and installed the libreoffice plugin 3.5.12.
    --> Mozilla says that the plugin is unverified
    Unrelated, but that this would be a problem with the Firefox installation. The extension is signed.
  • edited January 21, 2017
    If upgrading to LibreOffice 5.2 doesn't work I think I have an answer to this.

With the latest JDK installed open Terminal app and type 'java -version'. This prompts install of a JRE. Now open Libreoffice and check whether the JRE is listed in 'Preferences > LibreOffice > Advanced'. Now close LibreOffice and try installing the Zotero word processor integration.

I had all the latest software installed: new Sierra, new LibreOffice, new firefox with new zotero but could not get LibreOffice to recognise the java. I tried the command 'java -version' as part of trouble shooting and it responded with a prompt I had not seen before.
  • Thanks a lot to both of you.
    We'll try your solutions and i'll give you some news if it works.