Syncing Group PDFs

I am trying to sync my Zotero group libraries with the Zotero server including both data and PDFs. Zotero is installed locally on my computer but the storage directory is located on another computer in our lab and PDFs are routed there using a symbolic link in my Zotero directory. The Zotero server has unlimited storage. When I try to sync the pdfs I get the error reported in Report ID 383267196 (previously reported). The sync appears to start but then stops after a few seconds. I am not sure if this is a problem with the pdfs being located on a different computer or whether I have some other settings incorrect. Is there a workaround for this problem?
  • It looks like you have a filename that's too long to sync. That shouldn't be possible, and might already be fixed for the next version — I'll check — but in the meantime you can paste 7GEFKZRA into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode in one of your group libraries to find the item in question, right-click on it, and choose Rename File from Parent Metadata. (You can also rename it manually by clicking on the title in the right-hand pane.)
  • This seemed to do the trick!