Error while syncing

I got this error report #: 395995471

Don't really know what I did wrong. I just added a reference (including a file for my webdav server) and got the error.

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 130" data: no] [QUERY: DELETE FROM creatorData WHERE creatorDataID=?] [ERROR: constraint failed]' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

I can't sync anymore which is really annoying right now. Please help. ;-)
  • If you get this error each time, could you send debug output for a sync attempt to support@zot....org, referencing this thread? Thanks.
  • report 701606724

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but my storage sync hangs about half way through up/down loading. It could be I've used it the wrong way I guess. I set up the zotero folder on my univ webdev server OK from my home PC and uploaded all the material from there. The next day I connected to the folder from work and synced the storage from there too. The zotero info in both sites was not already identical. It thought it had worked OK, but the uploads seem to stall everytime now.
  • edited March 15, 2009
    I've generated the debug output and mailed them to support, Dan.

Fyi... I'm using WebDav of JungleDisk on two seperate locations.
  • Apparantly 1.5b2 solved my problem.
    I don't know if that was related to me posting the error, but thanks.
  • Hi!

I have no idea why this is not working... Please help me!
    Report ID : 2018044288

[JavaScript Error: "window.arguments is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/preferences/preferences.js" line: 50}]

[JavaScript Error: "window.arguments is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/preferences/preferences.js" line: 50}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Tag 'M-Form; Divisional Charters; Charter Change; Divis&' too long' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • Apparantly 1.5b2 solved my problem.
    I don't know if that was related to me posting the error, but thanks.
    It was—thanks.
  • I have no idea why this is not working... Please help me!
    pgraggo: See that last error message, or the message when you hover over the sync icon. That tag is too long. Shorten it and sync again.
  • Hi Dan,

I am trying to understand this. My tags are too long? I am not sure how to solve this, I have a huge library (I am studying for my comps that are in 3 weeks) and removing all my tags seems not feasible... what is the maximum length of a tag? Do I have to go through my items one by one (I have hundreds if not thousands!)? Thanks for the advice

Best,
  • Ok! I got it. So I have shorten some of the tags but my library is so massive that it keeps coming up with new tags that are too long. I opened the tag editor but then I can only see my tags in the letter A (see all tags), is there a way to see all your tags in a page and edit them there? Or any zotero command that allows you to scroll through your tags? I have millions of them...Thanks! I love this program by the way, the next best thing after sliced bread.
  • If you have a mouse wheel, you can scroll through the tags. You can also get a scrollbar by making the collections/tags pane wider.
  • Thanks for the answer. I guess I must be missing something because I don't have a scroll bar despite changing the collections and pane. I can't seem to go beyond a certain width. I am wondering if this is due to my screen resolution or the fact that my computer screen is so small (I have the small Asus).... I will continue trying... or do them one by one... (takes so long! and I am 3 weeks away from comps!)....Do you know what is the maximum tag length?

Thanks so much
  • Hi! Changing the screen resolution helped a bit but no scroll bar in sight! Thanks for the suggestions
  • edited March 19, 2009
    It is likely an auto-generated tag that is causing the screwup. Another thread posted instructions on how to remove all generated tags using sqlite. Not ideal, but you'd still keep your custom tags. I suppose that you can also use sqlite to dump all tags & see which ones were long. I don't know the maximum length.