Impossible to import a RBF File because format "not supported"

Hi everybody,

First I would like to thank you for helping me and to say I'm sorry for my English, because it's not so good and I don't speak fluent.
I used to back up my library using the RBF export method. Now I now it was not the best, reading all the message here...

When I changed my computer, I tried to import the last RBF file I backed up, but I didn't work. It appears a message saying "Le fichier sélectionné n'est pas un format supporté". For the people who don't speak French, the approximate translation could be "The file is not a supported format".

I would to know if someone as a solution for what, because I'm very scared I loosed all my Search work for my thesis.

If somebody has ever ask about it, I'm sorry, I didn't find it (the are over discussions with this kind of description, but nobody is giving the solution of this specific trouble).

Thanks you everyone for responding me :)
  • It's true that RDF (not RBF) isn't the right way to back up, but it also shouldn't produce an error. If you email it (without any other files) to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread, we can take a look.

(Also, feel free to write in French if you prefer.)
  • Thanks you a lot for your (very quick) response! I'm going to sent an email... but in French ! Easier for me, it's true.
  • To answer your email, if the file is 0 KB then it contains no data, so I'm afraid you certainly wouldn't be able to recover anything from that.
  • Thank you very much for the response ! It was the thing I imagined.. Bad luck.
    Thank you and have a nice day.