Problem with citing legislation in the Harvard Style

For legislation, the Harvard Style requires that the entry in both the in text citation and the reference list be the name of the act itself with no author; however, Zotero does not know that and always puts "anon" in. Can this be fixed?
  • Which Harvard Style are you using?
  • I am using the standard Name, Date for in text and full citation for references that came with my Zotero download, which was a while ago. Has it been updated? Here is a link that may be helpful for identifying the problem: http://guides.is.uwa.edu.au/c.php?g=380288&p=2575704
  • Sorry, this isn't really clear -- Zotero ships with at least 3 different author-date styles and offers hunderds more on www.zotero.org/styles. You'll need to specify the style you're using -- if you're using the Word processor add-on, that'd be under "Set Document preferences".
  • OK. I now realize that there are many Harvard Styles out there. I was referring to the "Harvard Reference format 1 (Author-Date)" - however, when I explored other options, I had success with "Elsevier Harvard (with Titles)," which handled legislation appropriately.

I am not sure if the "Harvard Reference format 1 (Author-Date)" needs to be updated, but I can personally move forward with the Elsevier version. Thank you again.
  • yeah, I would just not use the Harvard 1 format, at least in its current iteration. It's an odd historical artifact that of how styles in Zotero developed. Elsevier Harvard, American Psychological Association, and Chicago (author-date) are all Harvard-type styles that will get you good output for most and for the latter two pretty much all item types.