What's wrong with this DOI?

edited October 30, 2016
10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199935345.013.16

Zotero 'Add by identifier' doesn't resolve

But http://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199935345.013.16 leads to a landing page for a chapter in a handbook, and Crossref displays the metadata (though seemingly identifying it as a book, not a book chapter).

At first I thought this might be related to the fact that Zotero (still!) doesn't offer native support for book sections with DOIs, but I don't think that's it — in that thread I report that this works for at least some book sections.
  • I didn't look at this closely, but our CrossRef translator doesn't work on all the different ways book chapters end up in their metadata and I'm assuming it's failing here and so the translators doesn't return anything. Normally I'd go in and fix this, but I'm hoping to run all DOIs through a single API available through doi.org shortly (all the code is in place, but I need CrossRef to fix some data issues before this makes sense).
  • Okay, since doi.org does resolve the doi I suppose the problem will cease to exist at some point. Good enough for me — no hurry at all.
  • (just for precision, not all DOIs that resolve through doi.org will import -- just those from CrossRef, DataCite, and medra; in this case that's no problem. I actually tested with the new translator code and it works (although importing as a book, as you say))