Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)

I just updated from 1.5-sync3.7 to 1.5-sync3.8 on my office machine (Firefox 3.0.6, Windows XP), and I'm now getting the following error whenever I try to sync with the server:

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 124" data: no] [QUERY: DELETE FROM creatorData WHERE creatorDataID=?] [ERROR: constraint failed]' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

I did the same update yesterday on my laptop at home (Firfox 3.0.6, Windows Vista x64) and am not experiencing the problem there.

Any idea what's happening here?
  • Oh, and I sent a couple of reports (forgot to write down the report ID the first time, so replicated the error and sent it again) -- the report ID on that one was 867968900.
  • Also getting similar errors on Mac OS X 10.5, report ID 1429121435
  • All was working well with Sync until a few moments ago, and am now getting a similar error message, Component Returned Failure Code, although it also tells me, (NS ERROR FILE READ ONLY). I think the report ID is 80520013.
  • I am getting the same error code (Firefox 3.0.6, Zotero 1.5b1, Windows XP). My Error Log # is 142252923. Thanks - I am really exciting to use Zotero Sync (once it works for me).
  • I just upgraded to Zotero 1.5b1, and I continue to get the same error reported above. Report ID 340295853.
  • arcane93: Can you send debug output for the sync attempt to support@zot....org, referencing this thread?
  • Any updates on this? I sent in a debug output on Feb. 27.
  • I am having the same problems - syncing between my Windows XP desktop and a Mac OS laptop both with updated zotero and firefox. Reference ID # 239671311.
  • Having same problem sync between PC and lap top but with only the PC. Initial PC sync OK , then sync to lap top OK, now sync back to first PC get similar problem. ID# 1655340686
    Suspect it could be network issues with PC as the PC connects via a proxy.
  • Could some one please shed some light on this. I updated to Zotero 1.5B2.1. I've updated and sync'd Zotero to several devices (Desktop, Laptop and portable). I've had no problems syncing With Zotero on the portable and desktop. With the laptop I'm getting a simular error message. Could anyone please explain what this might be happening and what I should do to correct it.

thanks