Will not sync

edited September 20, 2016
Zotero will not sync with server. Internet is functioning fine. Logged into my account. Please fix.
  • Report ID 1352424261

Good evening,

I tried syncing my online and standalone libraries today and it didn't work. I received an error message.

I am also unable to add new citations to my library.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Kind regards,

AT.
  • Unable to update Zotero library or insert citation in MS Word 2013
  • edited September 20, 2016
    Hi I have been unable to sync with the Zetero server for the last couple of hours and am getting worried. Here's the error report with ID at the bottom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    -Justin

[JavaScript Error: "503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.

" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 2591}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Invalid response from server.Please try again in a few minutes." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 2595}]
  • Hi,
    I tried syncing the standalone version with my local library in firefox and it displayed the message "Zotero syncing is currently unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes. Our apologies for the inconvenience."

I tried reopening firefox and the standalone but the same thing happened.
    Any idea how to fix this issue or when it will be fixed?

Thanks for the help!
  • Same. Looks like a server problem.
  • Hi, I have the same problem. Let me know if there are some good news please.
  • Same here, it might be some server problem...
  • We're aware of the problem and are working to fix it. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
  • Thanks Dan for getting onto it nice, and quick!
  • Syncing error on all my devices. Need help. Thanks!
  • I have both standalone and the Firefox plug-in. Right now neither one is syncing, for the last five hours. I submitted a few error reports - here is the latest one:

I also use zotfile and recently renamed some attachments, but I don't know if this was before or after the problem started.
  • when I press sync there is a red exclamation mark that says zotero syncing is not working. I have logging in again. I have tried logging into the main online page and it doesn't have the material I have added. I am using the plug in in Mozilla Firefox.
  • We're still looking into the cause of the problem, but things should be working again now.
  • It is syncing now. Thanks
  • It's finally working. Thanks a lot!
  • Thanks for quickly getting it back up and running!
  • Thank you so much, it is working now!
  • Fixed! Thank you!