Sync runs indefinitely, cannot sync library [Report ID: 121570782]

I encountered an issue with Zotero sync. I don’t know exactly where things fail, but this is what happens:

* When I start Zotero, automatic sync starts.
* The sync ends with the red error sign next to the sync arrow, telling me a manual sync is required in order to fix conflicts.
* I press the sync button.
* During the sync, I am told that some group libraries have to be reset, since I don’t have edit rights, so my local changes will be discarded.
* I get a list of items that have conflicts and I should choose which version to keep. Some of these items are in my own library, but some are in the group libraries.
* I can only choose the local version to keep, or at least I didn’t find a way to choose the remote version. When I click the remote one, nothing happens.
* After spinning for a while, the same procedure starts again, giving me the same dialogues again.

My suspicion is that during conflict resolution, it tries to select the local version of the conflicting items, but since the group libraries are read-only, it fails to overwrite the remote version, so it starts again. But this is just a guess.
  • I'd start by temporarily disabling auto-sync, restarting Zotero, and syncing once. You should then get a single error, which you can view when you click on the sync error icon and send in a Report ID for. When you get repeated conflicts all that matters is the error you're getting at the end of one sync.
    I can only choose the local version to keep, or at least I didn’t find a way to choose the remote version. When I click the remote one, nothing happens.
    If you click the remote pane, the red highlighted should move to that pane, and the third pane should change to show the remote item's contents. (For some conflict resolution modes, there's a "Choose this version" button instead.)
  • Okay, now I did one sync, and this is the Report ID: 2143085865.

Thanks!
  • Sorry, lost track of this. If you're still seeing this, can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a single sync that triggers this?
  • Please excuse the late reply, I was on vacation. I now left the groups that seemed to cause the sync issues, and the sync works fine since.