Import pdf's directly to zotero's library

Hi, is it possible to add pdf's which I have saved on my USB stick directly to the Zotero Library?

Thanks!
  • You can drag and drop any sort of file into Zotero.
  • I have a similar question. I understand you can drag and drop items one by one - but is there any way to re-attach an entire imported library? I have 1,300 PDFs from my Sente library I'd like to re-attach to Zotero after import. The files are all named in a logical way (author+title), but I sure don't have the time to drag and drop one-by-one...
  • edited March 7, 2009
    Indeed, I've a folder with many PDFs that I would like to import into Zotero. It would be perfect if it could read the information within and then look it up on pubmed to find the information, automatically linking the record to the PDF.

Edit: HEY! They're working on it! - check out Beta 1.5 = http://www.zotero.org/support/retrieve_pdf_metadata Cheers, team! :D
  • seans - the metadata retrieval is up and running - you should feel confident in installing 1.5 - the only part that still seems buggy appears to be the synching, which you can just decide not to use...
    But that doesn't solve the issue of how to get a large amount of files into Zotero at once...