zotero runs a script that crashes firefox when I load in a large text file.

I have had to disable Zotero as the default in Firefox (3) since I use Firefox to view big log files nice and formatted, next to my open tabs. If I open a relatively big file ( > 1 MB or so) zotero runs a script that hangs Firefox, which (cleverly) Firefox eventually intercepts and asks if I want to kill it.

The error message reveals the script is: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js:618.

Anyone have explanations/suggestions?
  • I have the same problem. I wrote a html/css page and now when I open it with firefox. I get the same message. Anyway to fix that? Can I include somekind of notification for Zotero that this site is not translateworthy?
  • For large files, we'll need to fix the auto-detect code to stop looking after a certain point in a page.

This shouldn't happen for small files. If it does, please provide a link to a page where this occurs.
  • I just ran into a very similar problem:
    I tried to open a big video (2GB) with Firefox (to check if its format was supported), and Firefox hung indefinitely.
    After disabling Zotero, Firefox played the video without any porblem.

Note that the problem only occurs when I try to open the video directly. If I embed it in an HTML5 file, its plays correctly even with Zotero enabled.