Word 2016 plugin for Mac

2»
  • @baehunt -- try re-installing the add-on from Zotero's Cite pane in the preferences one more time. Then have a look if there's any security software that you could disable for testing (as it may -- though on a Mac rarely does -- interfere with communication between Zotero and Word. After that, I'm out of ideas and Simon or Dan would have to look at this.
  • Also, everyone should make sure you're on the most recent Zotero Standalone version, i.e 4.0.29.5
  • Hi Adam,

I don't have any security software running at the moment...

I looked at my stand alone - it says there are no updates available but from the About Zotero section it says it is version 4.0.23.

Thanks,

Ben
  • that would explain it then. Just re-install from zotero.org/download and that should do it. (While you should always have good backups, this will leave all your Zotero data in place, so no worries about that).
    Mac Word 2016 support only came with 4.0.27 (or even .28, not sure)
  • It works... Thank you so much Adam - I can't believe it was that simple!!!!!

Thanks again...

Ben
  • Hi, not sure where to post this. I've followed all the instructions I could find, I have Zotero 4.0.29, I have the Zotero.dot plugin (dated to March 2016) installed in the Librairies folder, I can see that it's installed under the "add-in" panel in the developer tab, and under the "tools" menu. I've re-started everything, including my computer, but I can't find a link or button or tab in Word to add in a Zotero citation under any tabs or menus. I started Zotero before opening Word. OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.
    Thanks.
  • This is Word 2016, yes? Could you try opening Zotero.dot as if you were opening a regular Word file? Do you see the toolbar then (this is a testing step, not a solution, even if you do see the toolbar).

It would be in the add-ins panel in Word.
  • Hi Adam, thanks. Yes, it opens in compatibility mode and I can see the tabs under the add-ins panel.
  • If I didn't find zotero.dot in the ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content/Startup/Word, what should I do? Thanks.
  • @bwiernik Thanks a lot. You really do me a big favor. :)