Zotero Integration Error with Word plugin 3.5.5

Hi, the Zotero Word for Windows Integration plugin has updated to 3.5.5 on both my work desktop and my laptop, and on both I get the following error now when trying to Add/Edit Citation:

[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\u3342134\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\u3342134\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/u3342134/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/u3342134/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]'[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\u3342134\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\u3342134\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/u3342134/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/u3342134/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getDocument]

Is this happening to others? If not, any suggestions for repair/workaround?

Thanks,
Carl
  • Yes!! I too would like some suggestions for repair or work around.
  • Ah okay so after actually RTFMing, it's the Firefox 64-bit incompatibility? What threw me was that it seemed to work okay for me with the previous version of the plugin (I've been on the 64-bit version for a few months).

Workaround of running Zotero Standalone in the background seems to work fine, I'm assuming there's no ETA for a 64-bit plugin...
  • yes it is and no, sorry, no eta.
    It's possible this might not happen at all, depending on whether the 5.0 version of Zotero will ship as Standalone only (with a Firefox connector, of course). I don't think devs have made the final call on that.