Trouble logging on to Zotero

So when I opened the Zotero plugin in Firefox this morning I received the following message:

Error

Zotero cannot access your login information.

If you are using a master password in Firefox, make sure you have entered it successfully.

This could also be due to a corrupted Firefox logins database. To check, close Firefox, remove cert8.db, key3.db, and logins.json from your Firefox profile directory, and re-enter your Zotero login information in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences.

--------------------------

I hadn't made any manual changes since my last login. Although, subsequently I have re-entered the pass word manually, using the same details I use to log in to the forum. All to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Eoin
  • I'm not clear if you're using a master password or not. If not, you should follow the other instructions in that error message.
  • Can you provide a Report ID?
  • edited March 7, 2016
    But this message may just mean what it says — that your Firefox logins database is corrupted. The latest version of Zotero correctly shows this error message in some cases where it didn't before. (Syncing wouldn't have worked before, nor would have saved website passwords in Firefox generally.)
  • Thanks for getting back to me

Report ID: 341206241
  • edited March 7, 2016
    Yeah, your Firefox logins database looks to be broken. Follow the instructions in the error message.
  • I have done so now and it works.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback.

Eoin