Problem Word / Zotero

Hello, I have a problem, my word doesn't detect Zotero. I have read forum and trie solutions like actualize Zotero but nothing is working ... Moreover, I'm afraid of losing my bibliography by mishandling.

Thank you very much for helping,

Leily
  • which word version on what OS and what exactly does "not detect" mean? Not add-on bar at all, no reaction from the add-on, or an error message?
  • I use Word 2011 for mac In OS X El Captain version 10.11.
    There is not add -on bar at all.

Thank you very much
  • Do you see Zotero in the apple script menu?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_toolbar_in_word_2008_plugin
  • before I saw him and I was using it but he disappeared
  • OK, so the first thing would be to re-install the Word add-no from the Cite tab of the Zotero preferences. Have you tried that?
  • Yes I did and they tell me that Word is well install
  • Before I continue asking questions, maybe you could describe what you _have_ tried/checked so far?
  • I don't know lots of thinks about that but i tried that and that's all..
  • In Word, under Word --> Preferences --> File Locations
    Find your startup folder. Check if Zotero.dot is in that folder.
  • When I pick up to Starup folder -> modify (to open it) all of my fiels are here but nothing called "Zotero"
  • I have a File called Zotero who appear but when i open it all the doc are in grey, i can't pick on them
  • sorry, could you rephrase that? I'm not following. The Zotero file you have is in the startup folder or it isn't?
  • Yes it is with all the other files
  • all the other files? That might be part of the problem. How many other files are in your word startup folder and do you have any idea why? Typically you'd have two or three files in there at best.
  • There is two column :
    1/ Type of file where there is startup folder
    2/localisation where there is written Macintosh HD:Users:Leily:Documents:

Should I modify this ?
  • you most certainly don't want to have Documents set as your Word startup folder, no. So start by setting the startup folder (you can click modify in the Word preferences) to its default location at
    HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2011:Office:Startup:Word
    Put the Zotero file into that, restart Word, see if that works.

If it doesn't next place to check would be to enable macros in Word, but unfortunately I don't know exactly where that is in MacWord.
  • actually, for the second part, you should be able to check the status of this under tools --> Template and Add-ins in Word. Make sure Zotero is enabled.
  • I do what you did to me, thank you very much.
    When i open a Word document, I now have a the tool bar who appear outside of the doc but i work with him. Can I integrate her to my documents ?
    Why it appear if in this version normally I can't have a toolbar?

I really thank you for your help it's very useful for me
  • So the toolbar is working, correct? You'd just want it integrated into word and not be floating? I'm afraid I don't have much of an answer there. You could see if you get an option on ctrl+click or if you can simply drag it to the Word toolbar, but that's all I have.
  • It doesn't really matter, Yes the toolbar is totally working, very well.

Thank you very much for helping me, very quickly and very efficient.

Have a good day,

Leily