Word Plugin has trouble with Firefox 64-bit

Firefox released a 64-bit version of FF43 a few days ago. After I installed it last night, I notice today that the Word Plugin does not work (error message given below). Not sure about cause & effect, but fact remains that this plugin was working fine till last week. (Word 2013). I tried closing 64-bit FF and launching 32-bit FF and then launching the plugin, but there is no response (no error message either, but link to zotero seems to have been broken). So a) is zotero integration with FF 64-bit yet to happen, b) if so, how do I shift back to my old setup (just switching back to 32-bit FF not working, so I need to do something more). Please help.

ERROR MESSAGE WHEN CLICKING ON ADD CITATION BUTTON IN WORD2013 WITH FF64-bit RUNNING IN BACKGROUND

[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\Sharad\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9kwhnr60.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/Sharad/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/9kwhnr60.default/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]'[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\Sharad\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9kwhnr60.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193" {file: "file:///C:/Users/Sharad/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/9kwhnr60.default/extensions/zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroWinWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getDocument]
  • Same experience: word plugin does not work with the first official release of FF 64 version.
  • Same situation here.
  • edited February 4, 2016
    yep, same issue here. No solution yet?

just tested: setting up Zotero standalone version works with MS word. So in the meantime while they are working on a fic for FF64bit, you can use Zotero in Word
  • same issue here
  • Same error using
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
    and Word 2010 (14.0.7166.5000).
    The error dialog disappears after closing and re-opening Word but the Zotero plugin still not working
  • edited July 6, 2016
    Même problème ici :-(
    JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\***default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\resource\libzoteroWinWordIntegration.dll: error 193"....
    Et je crains de créer d'autres problèmes en revenant à Firefox 32 Bit
    Merci!
  • Answered here. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/58410/word-plugin/#Comment_257638
    Please don't double-post.
  • A beta version of the Word for Windows plugin that should work with 64-bit Firefox is now available for testing. You can install it from here:

https://www.zotero.org/support/dev_builds#word_processor_plugins_development_builds

(You only need the beta XPI of the Word for Windows plugin, not Zotero itself.)

Let us know if you run into any trouble. We'll release this within a few days for everyone, and I'll post here when we do that so people can switch back to the official version.
  • Version 3.5.6 of the Word for Windows integration plugin is now available with this fix for 64-bit Firefox. If you're running the beta plugin version, you can reinstall 3.5.6 from the installation page.
  • Awesome! Much prefer working from inside Firefox, thank you so much for the fix