Error Report ID 1368888959

Hi,

I have just installed Sync-preview on two computers. One is a linux laptop, and one is running XP Pro.

I synced the Linux laptop succesfully.

The windows one is giving me this error. I have tried several times, and each time get the same error message.

One mistake I might have made is by having FF open on both machines at the same time, and thus Zotero. Perhaps that is the source of the error on the Windows side?

Will appreciate any feedback. My goal is to sync the two version, then work exclusively on linux. The windows machine unfortunately has the larger library.

Thanks.
  • Same error persists on my Windows XP machine. New report sent: 215296615.

Would I be better off syncing using the portable solution recommended on this site? I have a home network that allows my linux and xp laptops to communicate, and jfilesync on both machines. I could use that to sync. My main worry is the database. If each has unique entries, then will those in the less recently updated database be lost (the newer database will be assigned to both collections)?

A secondary worry is links, given the different file path structures between linux and xp. I have posted this concern in a related thread on this forum.

Thanks.
  • Can you send debug output for the error to support@zot....org?
  • Done, thanks.
  • Hi, Alright, I am still having the same problem after installing version 3.8: database on the windows XP computer won't sync, the OpenSuse laptop, no worries.

I am at the stage now where I need to get those two databases merged and keep working. I am primarily using the linux machine, so want all my downloaded articles there links, etc., on there. I was therefore thinking of a couple of possibilities, in the absence of getting Sync to work on the XP computer:

1. Make copies of the two databases onto my linux computer, and then use a syncing program such as jfilesync to merge them. I would then make a new FF profile, reinstall Zotero-sync, and then hope that it works again as it has been on my OpenSuse machine.

2. Make a new firefox profile on the linux machine, dump the zotero library from Windows into that, sync it with my user name and password, go back into the earlier profile, then sync that.

Not sure if any of those ideas will really work, but will value any feedback or suggestions for successfully merging my database. Much appreciated!
  • This sounds like the same error I'm having (reported in the previous discussion in this category). In my case, the mac computer works fine and the linux computer won't sync.